4 servings (two slices per serving as pictured)
95 calories; 6 g carbs; 5 g protein; 4 g fat
- 1/2 head of cauliflower, grated
- 1 whole egg, plus one egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup 2% shredded mozzarella cheese
- Herbs and spices - whatever you love!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients together [except oil] in a large bowl until evenly distributed.
- Line a Pyrex dish with parchment paper and use olive oil to grease the parchment paper.
- Spread and flatten the cauliflower mixture on the parchment paper evenly - about 1 inch thick. Square off the edges so it looks like a rectangle or square.
- Bake for 40 minutes until slightly dried out, browning, and firm to the touch.
- Remove from oven and using a spatula carefully peel away from parchment paper. Flip over and return to oven for 10 more minutes.
They are a little eggy, but the longer you cook them, the more bread-like and crispy they become. I really loved them!